How to Play Teen Patti
Let’s dive into how to play Teen Patti online and offline! The primary things required are 52 Card Pack, Dealer, plus Players. The dealer distributes exactly three cards to all the players.
Once the cards are received, the players have two options: play blind or play seen.
‘Play blind’ is to bet without seeing the cards or when the cards are facing downwards.
‘Play seen’ is when a player decides to place a bet after seeing the cards. A pot is placed in the middle of the table, where each player will put a minimum stake into it before playing.
There’s no limit on the smallest stake, but the players’ collective decision.
If a player chooses to play blind, he has to put half the amount as the player’s stake who decides to play seen. The ranking of the cards determines the winning of a player.
Now, what does ranking mean?
The Ace has the highest priority or weightage than other cards, and the number ‘Two’ has the least importance or ranking.
Here is how the ranking can be:
- Trail or Trio: If the player has three cards of the same rank, then he wins. Ex: A-A-A. The Ace is the topmost priority, while ‘Two’ is the least.
- Straight run: When the player has three cards of the same suit, he is given priority. Ex: A-K-Q then goes on to 4-3-2. An invalid trio is 2-A-K.
- Normal run: Similar to straight run, but here, cards can be of a different suit. Ex: A-K-Q, A-2-3, and so on.
- Pair – Having two cards of the same rank is given priority. Ex: A-A-K.
- Colour – Three cards belonging to the same suit. If two-card colors are the same, compare the highest card, etc. Ex: A-K-J & 5-3-2 the lowest.
- High Card – When three cards do not fit any of the types, compare the highest – then move on to the lowest.
Now that you’ve understood the ranking plus Teen Patti’s initial set up, the real betting starts. The game begins from an anticlockwise direction from the player sitting left to the dealer. Also, don’t worry about the time limit as there is non for this game. It can be played as long as one chooses to.
If a player wishes to stop, then he has to fold and pay nothing. That also means he loses all his money in the pot.
If a player wishes to continue, he can place a bet in the pot, and the amount depends on whether the player is playing blind or seen. A seen player should put twice the amount of a blind player into the pot while betting.
Furthermore, this is a loop. It continues till all the players decide to fold except one or two. If only one remains, all the money in the pot goes to him. But, if two players remain, the one with the highest rank is given the top priority. In other words, he/she wins the game.
Teen Patti rules & betting:
Tight versus Loose play
A tight player will fold cards that are often weaker. On the other hand, a loose player bets hands like this more often.
It’s precise as regular texas hold’em poker. Some players like to gamble more, and that’s something you will find out at Teen Patti as well. They are thus playing more card combinations than the other players.
1. Entry Fee: When the boot or the ante amount is put on the table, the betting rounds start. It can be the same amount or different for each player at the table. It can vary by mutual agreement of all players on the table offline & online; everyone plays for themselves.
2. Post: It is when a player is away from the seat for a brief period. But this player has to pay the ante of the hand he wants to play.
3. Blind: To start the bet round, the player has to put a forced bet on the table. It consists of 2 parts: one where the player puts half the entry fee, then one where the players place their bets. Then it’s the first player who has to inform if he/she wants to complete the bet or not.
4. Call and raise (chaal): Once the regular round of bet starts, the player can call or raise the existing bet. The first player can keep the amount, but the next one can raise and put a new bet level. So the other players will analyze if they accept the new level or not to continue playing.
When playing live Teen Patti, the strategy and gameplay are a bit different compared to offline.
Furthermore, the betting limit is the value a player bets or raises. They come in the below four forms:
1. Fixed: The maximum amount raised comes down to the final bet amount. That is when the players play with a betting structure that’s fixed. It’s beneficial as you get helpful control over the action during the game.
2. Spread: It works almost in the same context as the fixed, but there’s a difference. Players put a maximum bet, then can bet within that, but without passing it. In other words, use this to mix up your limits to have both a minimum and a maximum level.
3. Pot: The game structure lets players raise the bet a step further. Betting the same amount as the pot in the same round is quite risky for anyone on the table. But you know what they say, high risk, high reward.
4. No-limit: Players do not have a limit to bet during the round of bettings. They can put any amount on the table.
The Top Teen Patti Rules
Here, let us learn some of the most important Teen Patti rules:
Trail or Set (Three of the same kind)
To get this hand, you need to have three cards of the same rank, no matter the symbol. The best and highest you can get is three aces (diamonds, clubs, hearts, or spades). The lowest one is three 2’s.
Pure sequence or Straight Flush
This hand is a bit more complicated compared to the previous. To complete this, you need to have three cards simultaneously with the same color, following the same rule of the rank: Queen, King, including Ace of hearts, for example.
Sequence or Run
It is three cards in a row or a sequence, no matter the suit.
The rank doesn’t matter for these three sequential cards, as long as they have identical colors.
The color doesn’t matter here as long as the two cards have the same rank. Between the pairs, the highest one will win, but all depending on the cards’ value. As we explained before, aces would be the highest and 2’s lowest pair. So players should aim to get the higher pairs.
This is the hand in which the three cards are not in a sequence, not all are from the same suit, and there are no two cards with the same value. When the final two players have a standard high card, the next highest card will decide the winner.
Can you play Teen Patti online with real money?
Yes, you can play Teen Patti online with real money at various gaming sites. To get a real casino feeling, enter the Live Casino section. Have money on your account, sit down, and play.
Can you use welcome bonuses on Teen Patti online?
Most gambling websites will give you welcome bonuses, and you can use them on Teen Patti. First, activate the bonus with a deposit and then look for the game. But, please read the terms and conditions before starting anything. It’s important to know where the bonuses function. If everything checks out, then start playing and hope for some wins.
Is online Teen Patti rigged?
When it comes to online Teen Patti with real money, some might think it’s something shady going on. In short, the sites haven’t and can’t host rigged games. They already have a slight mathematical advantage over the players anyway. In other words, the casinos will win money from all players in the long run.
Where can you play Teen Patti online in India?
There are numerous places where you can play Teen Patti online. If you want to play for fun, there are downloadable apps. But if you prefer gambling with real money, we recommend online casinos. You find the best casinos here on our website.